Monday 11 August 2008

as i scuttle & prance around the internet daily, i am often confronted by many many posts of fashionista type blogs full of 'inspiration'. i find this varies for everybody -- some people are inspired by art, or photography, others by what they see on their favourite celebrities and, of course, like we all are, what you might find on the runway this season. i've never been one of those people to be influenced by celebrities too greatly (though i am undeniably a fan of the olsens, lily donaldson & kate moss -- who isn't, though?), and my biggest influences tend to come from books, or films, or simply the characters that i make up in my mind.

the above picture, although it may scream of influences from the olsens, from russell brand and from everything else in between, is inspired mainly by paul deaton -- my favourite character from my favourite book, the rules of attraction. a little bit thrown together, unaccessorized, casual but tailored, and very... well. gay. :)

leather jacket: tkmaxx
vest top: rufus wainwright @ h&m
skinny jeans: some really chavvy shoe shop?
boots: primark

where do you get your inspiration from?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely outfit! And, of course I remember you! We spoke on MSN a few times! Are you still a fan of Peter? : )
I get my inspiration from everywhere and everything! As you can see from my last post! Good luck with blogging!

Carrie
wishwishwish.net
x

this modern love said...

Oh wow, I love the name of your blog!

I'm similar in that I don't often find celebrity/model style hugely inspiring (chloe s, mary kate, and few others are exceptions). It always seems to me that it must be very easy for models and celebrities to look stylish. They get clothes thrown at the them by designers, for example.

I'm more inspired by: people on the street (especially on face hunter), people who make their lives into a kind of theatre through clothes (Isabella Blow did this so well), fuzzy old photographs, and editorials from my favourite magazines.

Lindsey Elizabeth Pritchard said...

heyy, i love the outfit.
My inspirations come from sam and amanda from big brother.
I love their style now its so fun.
You'll probably find a few mosts about them on my blog.

x

Fabianna (H.Finn Jewelry) said...

ohhh love your boots! i must admit, i get a lot of my inspiration from what celebs are wearing. maybe it has something to do with living in la! haha. oh and i linked you! :)

Cindy said...

I adore your outfit.
Thank you so much!
Also, I will link you as well.
:D